Foodie Friends - Delicious Delicious Delicious

New kid on the block "Mr P" (Peter) only began blogging last autumn but has already built up a fantastic blog which has become a hit on both sides of the Atlantic. So what gets the writer of "Delicious Delicious Delicious" excited? Food of course!


"Mr P" and his cupcakes - he's not this shy in real life!
Picture supplied by P. Hallsworth


When and why did I begin blogging?
I started blogging in October 2009, mainly because I have always had this ridiculous dream of being a food writer. My blog is the outlet for that. I've spent a lot of time reading other food blogs, and felt like it was time I joined the club. I didn't think too much about it before hand - I just jumped right in and learned as I went along. I'm still learning, in fact!


What is the essence of my blog?
It's about food. But more than that, it's about using the food I make as a way to engage with my readers. I know that most of them won't bother cooking what I feature - though many have! - but I like the way that food writing in particular resonates with people, and creates a bond. I have regular readers (that was a surprise) and know their likes and dislikes, and it's always fun to see what they have to say about whatever it is I post.


Why do I enjoy blogging?
That's difficult to answer. I don't always enjoy it. If I have a successful post (one that attracts reader comments, or a particularly large spike of traffic), or manage to take nice photos of something, I really feel pressured to keep the momentum and level of quality. It can be a frustrating process. On the whole though, I love blogging - I have met some really interesting people through doing this and it's a fantastic way to express myself.


What are some of my favourite food things about Cardiff?
I love, love, love food shopping here! There are so many great places to get good food -
Wally's Deli in town, City Rd for Asian supplies and I live two minutes walk from a greengrocer and a butcher. Where else in the UK could I live and say that? We're lucky to have Cardiff as our hunting ground.
The sole bad thing I could say about Cardiff is that I don't think it's quite there in terms of eating out. But the only reason I say that is because I have travelled and lived abroad a lot, and think the whole of the UK could do with upping its game a little.

Comments

Popular Posts