On the first day of Christmas...

Are you all Christmassed out already or are you revelling in the tinsel, santa hats and shopping bags?  With only 22 days left until the big day I'm remarkably calm about it all.  Whilst I've been quite vocal in the past about what I definitely don't want there are a few things that have caught my eye.

The Measure of Things

I'm not one for kitsch baking things.  The "cutest" thing in my kitchen is my rabbit shaped cookie cutter and I recently used that to cut pastry critters to adorn my Game Pie.  I must be getting soft in my old age but I absolutely love these Russian Doll Measuring Cups (£11 from John Lewis).

A Royal Occasion

I'm not a huge fan of novelty table ware but these chess inspired King and Queen Salt and Pepper Mills (£38 from Not on the High Street) manage to be fun without being tacky.

A Taste of Home

Any fellow Taffs missing home at the this time of year could do worse than order The Calennig from Wonderfully Welsh Hampers.
Photo: Wonderfully Welsh Hampers
Award winning Welsh cheese, oatcakes, shortbread, mince pies and a delicious Christmas pudding should set you in the mood for the festive season.

I caught up with Liz from WWH to find out more about the hampers.

How do you source the products for the hampers?

Many of our suppliers have won awards for their produce, we are very careful when choosing the products for our hampers and they must meet a high standard from the taste of the product to the overall packaging and design. I personally sample each and every product (perks of the job) to make sure that the products meet this standard. They also have to have strong Welsh theme and obviously be made in Wales using Welsh ingredients.

What's your biggest selling item?

From our individual produce range, our biggest selling item is the Murroughs Welsh Brew Tea, we have orders from all over the world for their range of tea.

From our range of hampers, our Welsh Delights hamper is the most popular.

What makes Wonderfully Welsh Hampers so special?

Wonderfully Welsh Hampers is unique for a number of reasons. All of the products that we use are 100% Welsh - if it hasn't been made in Wales we won't use it.

As well as being able to purchase ready-made hampers and deciding which colours they would like it decorated with, the customer is also able to 'build their own' hamper.  This enables them to add a special personal touch.

We offer extensive customer service and are always on hand if someone is seeking guidance. In addition to this, we also offer a free gift message service, which comes tied to the hamper on a gift tag complete with wooden miniature lovespoon.

With lots of Welsh celebs living overseas, do you have any star clients?

I haven't had any celeb orders as of yet but I have had orders for Hollywood! Perhaps Catherine Zeta Jones ordered a hamper under a secret identity!

As it's coming up to Christmas, what's your favourite cracker joke?

That's a hard one as they are usually all pretty bad!

Why did the skeleton cross the road?
To get to the body shop!!


Curiouser and Curiouser

I adore Lahloo tea and this gorgeous Tea in Wonderland gift set (£40 online) combines their stunning loose leaf tea (a choice of Jasmine Pearls, Rosebud or White Whisper) with their fantastic tea-infused chocolates and a stunning glass teapot.

Comments

Popular Posts