So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

For the past six years I've been pootling away here, writing about all the amazing and not so amazing dinners I've had, the fun places I've been to and the amazingly passionate, talented and generally wonderful food producers and chefs I've met along the way.

Six years.

It's a long time. 

In fact the relationship I've had with this blog (and therefore you, my dear readers) has been the longest I've ever had - slightly longer in fact than the one I have with my amazing partner. But now it's time for me to say goodbye to the little blog that has taken over my world for so long.

If I were to talk in clichés then I'd say "this isn't about you, it's about me" and I guess that's true in a way.  Over the summer big changes happened in my personal life - through redundancy, the worry of temping and now a new job and a new direction. During that time I looked around at all the things I had achieved and thought "Great, what now?" In truth there are just so many exciting, brilliant, amazing things I want to do and I want to throw myself into them wholeheartedly in the new year.

When I started writing my stupid little posts on Myspace all those years ago I never for one minute thought I'd see my writing in print, appear on radio, judge a national food competition, get tweeted by Snoop Dogg or win an award.  I also never expected to make so many wonderful friends.  

Six years have been a blessing and I'm incredibly proud of it all.  As I'm writing this I'm already wondering what the next six will hold and I won't lie but there is a little part of me plotting my next foray into the blogging world and wondering what theme should be.

All I can say is thank you, you've been wonderful and who knows, something new could be along very shortly. And if you really miss me then listen out for me on BBC Radio Wales' Wales on the Menu sometime in the December.

Nicki (aka Cardiff Bites)


Comments

Oh NIKKKIIII you're going to start another blog though right??? You're such a fab writer don't give up and don't say goodbye either - you never know when you may want to pop a post. I started blogging 6 years ago too and i've given up countless times but always get drawn back in!!

As long as you're not leaving twitter then I guess we can still be friends ;)

mwaaaahhh

rach xxxxx
Anonymous said…
:( Nooooo. So sad you'll be stopping this. I read them all.

~*~

Ceri
Lorraine said…
I'm going to miss your stupid online face. Don't leave it too long, k?
PJMontgomery said…
Very glad I was able to contribute to this blog with my guest post and helping review a place! I look forward to seeing what ou do next, Nicki!
Anonymous said…
Will seriously miss your bloggery, Nicki :) But good luck with everything you have planned. I'm sure many great and exciting things are up ahead :D
Thanks for all the lovely messages. It's been an amazing six years but whilst I have so many more things I want to write about they don't really feel right for *this* blog. I'm going to have a good think over Christmas but expect to see something different from me in the new year x
Winskillfull said…
I will miss this blog, and our unintentionally controversial posts on cheese!!
Shhh! Don't mention the cheese!
Unknown said…
Ah, this is a shame !! Hope to hear from you again soon !! Great to have spent some time with you at various dinners....

Popular Posts