Mini Bites: June

Another month down and another change in the weather - from drought to downpour to a heatwave (and back again if the latest weather reports are correct!).  It's played havoc with the garden and our little seedlings have wilted in the heat.  Luckily our berry bushes - strawberries and blueberries, are enjoying the sunshine and look set for a bumper crop this year.

A Right Royal Knees Up

Royalist or anarchist, one thing I can get behind is people coming together and enjoying some good food.  Over the Jubilee weekend there are so many fab events happening in the city so get stuck into some of these

3rd - 5th June - Taste Summer at WMC

3rd - 5th June - Great British BBQ and Beer Festival at The Conway

3rd June - Big Lunch at Chapter

3rd June - Cardiff Blogs Jubilee Big Lunch at Pettigrew Tearooms

Or why not go to a local street party?  Your Cardiff has got them mapped.

Chef's Night Out

Enjoy an outstanding Michelin-level meal and help support Ty Hafan Children's Hospice
Down By the Riverside

A final plug (in case you'd forgotten) that I'll be cooking up a delicious 3 course, meat-free menu at Riverside Market with The Ethical Chef this coming Sunday (3rd June).

The good news for you is I've passed my Food Safety Level 2, had my menus approved by Deri and the ingredients have been ordered.  I'm really nervous but would be delighted if you all came along to say hi and eat some (hopefully) good food.

Upheaval

I don't tend to go into personal stuff here but if you follow me on Twitter you'll know I have a lot of things going on with work at the moment so apologies if I'm a little quieter than usual.  The blog is a lot of fun but sometimes life gets in the way.  Hoping that everything straightens itself out soon so I can go back to eating good food and enjoying life!

Comments

Popular Posts