Mini Bites: Friendly Bites

Having food producers as friends is no bad thing, in fact it's something I can heartily recommend if my post-box is anything to go by.

First came a present from Llwynhelyg Farm Shop, a flapjack from them as I'd guessed correctly their age on Twitter.  It was a lovely touch and, as the flapjack was priced at less than 90p, a fantastic way to generate some interest in their brand for relatively little expense.

I have to say the flapjack was pretty good too - chewy, buttery and perfect with a cup of tea.  No doubt this contributed to their award for Retailer of the Year at the True Taste Wales awards 2011!

Next my wonderful friend Lesley, owner of Lesley's Kitchen, sent me a box of goodies - some delicious marmalade chocolate brownies as well as a couple of jars of her homemade preserves - Seville Orange Marmalade and Chilli Jam.

Yum! [Photo: Cardiff Bites]
The chilli jam was my favourite and worked brilliantly with my home-made rye bread and a chunk of soft French cheese - a very good breakfast indeed!  Lesley can now proudly boast (though she probably won't as much as she should!) that she is stocking some of her lovely food at the Mill Cafe in Caernarfon as well as appearing at some local markets and fairs around her native North Wales.  Do go and say hi and perhaps taste some of the jam yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts